Prosthodontics, or Prosthetic Dentistry, is concerned with treating missing teeth or treating existing teeth that have significant damage. Thailand prosthodontist at our thailand dental clinics deal with congenital defects as well as problems arising from trauma and neglect. The Prosthodontist can aid in the rehabilitation of a complete dentition or merely in the replacement of one or two teeth.
There are several ways to replace missing teeth and damaged teeth:
- Dental Crowns commonly called dental caps are used to cover and encase damaged or severely chipped teeth
- Dental Bridges consists of at least 3 units of dental crowns and are used to replace missing gaps between healthly adjacent supporting teeth.
- Dental Implants functions similiar to new tooth roots with crowns, fixed bridges or overdentures placed on the dental implants in replacing missing teeth
- Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth made either of acrylic resin or in combination with various metals. Dentures may be partial or complete.
Benefits of Prosthetics Dentistry
The benefits of fixing missing teeth using dentures, dental bridges, dental implants by your thailand prosthodontist include:
- Prevents exisiting teeth from drifting into surrounding space of the missing teeth
- Teeth out of position can damage tissues in the mouth
- The difficulty of thorough cleaning between crooked teeth runs the risk of tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease that can lead to the loss of additional teeth.
- Improves out your smile
- Helps to properly chew food
- May improve speech
- Prevent a sagging face by providing support for lips and cheeks